Montgomery Hall, Room 217
P.O. Box 43700
Lafayette, LA 70504
Ph.D. in Analytical Polymer Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, 2005.
B.S. in Chemistry, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Lafayette, LA, 1999
- 2013 - present: Instructor; Chemistry Department, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- 2011 - 2012: Adjunct Instructor; Chemistry Department, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- 2007 - 2012: Teacher; Chemistry, Physics, and Biology; Notre Dame High School; Crowley, Louisiana
- 2009 - 2010: Adjunct Instructor; Chemistry, South Louisiana Community College
- 2006: Post-Doctoral Research Assistant, Louisiana State University
- 2000 - 2005: Teaching Assistant, Organic Chemistry, Louisiana State University
- Improving science education at the secondary and post secondary level
- Controlled polymer synthesis
- Polymer applications in 3D printed materials.
Jennifer B. Tran, Julia C. McCoy, Lori M. Bailey, Brody P. McDaniel, Ryan L. Simon, Barbara Marchetti, Tolga N. V. Karsili, An Affordable Set-Up for Studying Photochemistry in Action in Undergraduate Teaching Laboratories, J. Chem. Ed., 2020, accepted. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jchemed.0c00354
Simon, Ryan; Collins, Melissa E.; Spivak, David A. "Shape selectivity versus functional group pre-organization in molecularly imprinted polymers." Analytica Chimica Acta, (2007), 591(1), 7-16.
Simon, R.; Spivak, D. “Performance Analysis of MIPs for Carboxylate and Aminophosphate Templates using Commercially Available Basic Functional Monomers”, Journal of Chromatography, B: Analytical Technologies in the Biomedical and Life Sciences (2004), 804(1), 203-209.
Spivak, D.; Simon, R.; Campbell, J. “Evidence of Shape Selectivity in Non-covalent Molecularly Imprinted Polymers”, Analytica Chimica Acta, (2004), 504(1), 23-30.
- Simon, R.; Houck, S.; Spivak, D. “Comparison of particle size and flow rate optimization for chromatography using OMNiMIPs versus traditional molecularly imprinted polymers”, Analytica Chimica Acta, (2005) 542, 104-110.