Thomas Junk, Ph.D.
Professor, Department Head
Montgomery Hall, Room 203
P.O. Box 43700
Lafayette LA 70504
Ph.D. Chemistry,Texas A&M University, 1988
B.S., Chemistry, University of Vienna, Austria, 1983
- 2012–pres. Professor and Head, Department of Chemistry, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- 2001–2012 Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Louisiana at Monroe
- 1998–2000 Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Louisiana at Monroe.
- 1994–1997 Research Associate, Hazardous Waste Research Center, Louisiana State University
- 1990–1993 Research Associate, Institute for Environmental Studies, Louisiana State University
Synthesis and characterization of organic compounds containing heavy chalcogenides (Se, Te). Organic reactions under near-critical and supercritical aqueous conditions. Synthesis and application of stable isotope labeled standards as environmental tracers
P. R. Mallikarachy, F. R. Fronczek, H. O. Brotherton and T. Junk, “Facile Access to Novel Organotellurium Heterocycles by Nitration of Bis-(3,5-Dimethylphenyl) Ditelluride”, J. Heterocycl. Chem. 2005, 42, 243-247.
P. R. Mallikarachy, R. E. Norman, F. R. Fronczek and T. Junk, “(µ-Diazenediyldiphenyl- ?2C2,N2: ?2C2’,N1)bis[(3,5-dimethylphenyl)tellurium(II)]”, Acta Cryst. 2005, E61, 1370-2.
W. J. Catallo and T. Junk, “Transformation of Benzothiazole in Estuarine Sediments”, J. Env. Quality 2005, 34, 1746-1754.
W. J. Catallo, J. L. Comeaux, and T. Junk, book chapter “Effects of Static vs. Tidal Hydraulic Conditions on Biogeochemical Processes in Mesocosms: Degradation of Aromatic Hydrocarbons (AHs)”, in The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry, 2009, ISBN 978-3-540-88013-4.
W. James Catallo, Todd. F Shupe, Jay L. Comeaux and T. Junk, Transformation of Glucose to Volatile and Semi-Volatile Products in Hydrothermal (HT) Systems, Biomass and Bioenergy, 2009, 34, 1-13.
- A. M. Alhazmi, P. R. Alburquerque and T. Junk, “Halogen Exchange in Near-Critical Water”, Green and Sustainable Chemistry, 1, 128-131, 2011. (Open access: http://www.scirp.org/journal/gsc/)